lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Search agents
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2006 14:41:09 GMT
Karl,

Have you considered the MemoryIndex for this sort of thing?  I've
thought that it would make for an elegant way to handle this sort of
"agent" or notification service such that new documents get indexed
normally, but also a single document goes into a MemoryIndex and is
matched against many queries.

It would be great to see the code you've developed.  You are free to
contribute it to the Lucene contrib codebase.  If it is a substantial
contribution it needs further discussion and perhaps incubation for
it to be accepted.  There are no restrictions other than the Apache
Software License on the code in the contrib area.  The "sandbox" is a
deprecated term for what we now call "contrib".

	Erik