lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Donovan Aaron" <donovan_aa...@bah.com>
Subject RE: JE implementation
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2006 16:04:42 GMT
I don't have that use case.  I start a transaction, open a directory,
create a reader or writer depending upon deletes or adds, perform
operations, close reader or writer, close directory, commit.  It works
like a champ.

Aaron

-----Original Message-----
From: Oscar Picasso [mailto:oscgoogle@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 12, 2006 10:58 AM
To: java-dev@lucene.apache.org
Subject: RE: JE implementation

If I remember correctly, with my code, I had to create and close the
IndexWriter inside a single transaction.

 If the same IndexWriter is used for several transactions and there is a
rollback, it can corrupt the indexes.

 It's just sligthly annoying but I am curious if you ran into this
'problem'.

 Oscar

Donovan Aaron <donovan_aaron@bah.com> wrote: I was aware of jacid.  In
its current form it could not be used with the JCA connector because the
DbDirectory opens the database.  Given that I was going to have to write
some code, I decided to use Andi's code as a starting point because it
seemed cleaner and has seen wider use.

Regards,
Aaron