lucene-general mailing list archives

From Rafaela Voiculescu <rafaela.voicule...@gmail.com>
Subject Securing stored data using Lucene
Date Tue, 18 Jun 2013 21:47:30 GMT
Hi,

My name is Rafaela and I am just starting to work with Lucene for a project
that involves quite a few security aspects.

I am working on an app that aims to manage data by using Lucene on a mobile
device. However, my application will require data to be confidential (users
will need to be logged in and have certain permissions regarding the data).
I am currently trying to find a way to make this possible and still keep
using Lucene without having a very high performance drop-down.

I was searching around and I found the patch from
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-2228. Since it seems to be
quite a bit old and the issue is not marked as resolved, I wanted to ask
about the status of this. Is this something that could work for securing
the information? Or is there another better solution already implemented?

Hope I'm writing to the right list (please let me know if not and if I
should redirect the mail to another).

Thanks,
Rafaela