lucene-general mailing list archives

From Łukasz Woźniczka <lukas...@gmail.com>
Date Wed, 26 Jun 2013 19:43:41 GMT
Hello

I'll try to briefly describe my problem and task.
My name is Lukas and i am Java developer , my task is to create search
engine for different types of file (only text file types) pdf, word, odf,
xml but not html.
I have got little experience with lucene about year ago i wrote simple full
text search using lucene and hibernate search. That was simple project. But
now i have got very difficult task with searching.
We are using java 1.7 and glassfish 3 and i have to concentrate only server
side approach not client ui. Ther is my three major problem :

1) All files is stored on webdav server, but information about file name ,
id file typ etc are stored into database (postgresql) so when i creating
index i need to use both information. As a result of query i need only
return file id from database. Summary content of file is stored in server
but information about file is stored in database so we must retrieve both.

2) Secondary problem it that  each file has a level of secrecy. But major
problem is that this level is calculated dynamically. When calculating
level of security for file we considering several properties. The static
properties is files location, the folder in which the file is, but also
dynamic  information  user profiles user roles and departments . So when
user "Maggie" is logged she can search only files "test.pdf" , "test2.doc"
etc but if user "Stev" is logged he have got different profiles such a
Maggie so he can only search some phase in file "broken.pdf", "mybook.odt".
test2.doc etc ..... . I think that when for example user search phase
"lucene +solr" we search in all indexed documents and after that filtered
result. But i think that solution is  is not very efficient. What if
results count 100 files , so what next we filtered step by step each files
? But i do not see any other solution. Maybe you can help me and lucene or
solr have got mechanism to help.

3) Last problem is that some files are encrypted. So that files must be
indexed only once before encryption ! But i think that if we indexed secure
files so we get security issue. Because all word from that file is
tokenized.
I have not got any idea haw to secure lucene documents and index datastore
? its possible ...

Also i have got question that i need to use Solr for my serarch engine or
using only lucene and write own search engine ? So as you can see i have
not got problem with indexing , serching but with security files and files
secured levels.

Thanks for any hints and time you spend for me.

--
Regards Lukasz