lucene-general mailing list archives

From Jan Høydahl <jan....@cominvent.com>
Subject Re: Solr supported/EOL versions
Date Wed, 11 Jan 2017 15:09:08 GMT
Glad it helped.
I have drafted a new “Support" section on the web page with a similar explanation, please
see staging site http://lucene.staging.apache.org/solr/community.html#support <http://lucene.staging.apache.org/solr/community.html#support>
and give feedback :)

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com

> 11. jan. 2017 kl. 15.25 skrev Tussing, Leith <ltussing@ist.ucf.edu>:
>
> Excellent, this is exactly what I needed to know, thank you.
>
> We will plan to upgrade to the latest 5.5.x now while we budget effort to move to the
latest 6.x soon.

> --Leith

we cannot guarantee other bug fixes.
> And finally we work on the next major release 7.x in master branch (never released).
>
> So for you guys on 5.3.1 you have a back-compat upgrade path to released 5.5.3, and should
see a 5.5.4 if a really critical issue is found.
> There is no EOL date decided for 5.x yet, but once we start talking about releasing 7.x
you should prepare to upgrade.

> Note: There may also be downstream companies out there offering LTS for older Solr versions,
with patches etc.

> Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com
>
>> 3. jan. 2017 kl. 16.39 skrev Tussing, Leith <ltussing@ist.ucf.edu>:
>>
>> I've read through the documentation and the email archive and was unable to find
(or missed) the information I was looking for.

>> What are the officially supported versions of Solr for security updates?  We're running
5.3.1 but there hadn't been any updates to 5.x in a couple months and I was trying to find
the official support/EOL status info to present to management to show we're either still actively
secure or if we needed to expend resources to upgrade from 5.x to 6.x versions.