lucene-general mailing list archives

From Ecsődi Katalin <ecsodi.kata...@gmail.com>
Subject features of Apache Solr
Date Tue, 14 Apr 2020 16:05:33 GMT
Hi,

My company is aming to handle all its knowledge management assets on an
unified platform. For this purpose we are looking for a software that can
search in realtime among sets of information of different type, structure
and/or location.

We have found that *Apache Solr* might be suitable for this task.

*We would be interested to know about the capabilities of Apapche Solr*:

-          Is it capable to performing searches with short response time
(”real time”) among our knowledge management assets?
This includes assets by the following applications:

o   Confluence: a local application with various type of attachments (png,
.pdf, .doc, .html, etc.)

o   HP Service Manager: handling incoming tasks and their solutions,
including attachments (picture, text, e-mail, etc.)

o   Sharepoint sites within our local network, with various type of
attachments (png, .pdf, .doc, .html, etc.)

o   Microsoft OneNote: information without a structure, typically user
specific, Notepad-like files.

o   JIRA: handling incoming tasks and their solutions, including
attachments (picture, text, e-mail, etc.)

o   DokuWiki

o   information stored in Microsoft Outlook

-          In what way can it connect to the aforementioned applications?
The applications must be operatable independantly.

Regarding price:

●        Is there any costs

○        during installation? (e.g. cost of software, cost of consultation,
etc.)

○        during operation?

Thank for anybody’s help in advance!

Sincerely,