Hi java-users

I need some help.

I am indexing categories into a single field category_path

Which may contain items such as

/Top/Books,/Top/My Prods/Book Prods/Text Books, /Maths/Books/TextBooks

i.e. category paths delimited by ,
I want to store this field, so the Analyser tokenizes the document only on ',' charaters and not on the '/' characters
I am adding the field to the index using

Where the categoryPath is a String containing list of the items above.

doc.add(new Field("category_path",categoryPath,Field.Store.YES,Field.Index.ANALYZED));

I think I need to split the string my self, but how do I pass this to Lucene, do I have to setup different fields ?

I need to keep the full path in the index, as I want to use this when redirecting users, when clicking on the results.

Any help would be great.

Many thanks

Regards

Mark

You can view my current Wolters Kluwer tasks at:

You can view my calendar at:    You can subscribe to my calendar at:

Mark Wiltshire
Red Alert Consultants LTD
Director - Technical Web Consultant Flat 6
168 Tower Bridge Road
London
SE1 3LS
iPhone email: markjwiltshire@me.com