lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From baris.ka...@oracle.com
Subject Re: Fwd: org.apache.lucene.index.DirectoryReader Javadocs
Date Thu, 10 Dec 2020 20:24:26 GMT
Thanks for the reply.

Sure, i should have included the url since it already caused confusion.

Here is the url:

https://lucene.apache.org/core/8_5_2/core/org/apache/lucene/index/DirectoryReader.html

Please see:

     open(Directory directory, Map<String,String> readerAttributes)
Returns a IndexReader reading the index in the given Directory

readerAttributes - the reader attributes passed to the Codec layer of
the directory reader. This attribute map is forwarded to all leaf
readers as well as to the readers that are opened subsequently via the
different flavors of openIfChanged(DirectoryReader)

However, a small example would be perfect for this parameter.

It looks like this api is gone in 8.7.0 version and that is why You did
not see on the url You sent for 8.7.0 version.

(i was not using this api but i was just trying to understand this above
api).

it would be very helpful to see information on javadocs about

what to use that is functionality wise nearest to whichever the new api is

when an api is gone.

Thanks