lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Reproducible crash matching phrases
Date Wed, 10 Feb 2021 23:19:08 GMT

: I'm attaching an updated file as well this this changes.
:
: This happens in Lucene 8.8.0 (and probably since 8.4.0).

Ok -- cool ... with the udpated code i was able to reproduce on branch_8x,
and with 8.8 & 8.7 (but not 8.4) -- I've distilled your patch into a test
case and attached to a new jira...

FYI: with this updated code the error *DOES* reproduce for me regardless
of Directory type -- i suspect your original comment about it not failing
if you used ByteBuffersDirectory was because that would have been a
"clean" index everytime, and the old code was only failing with your
existing index on disk.

let's see if the folks with the low level expertise can figure out what's
going wrong here.

-Hoss
http://www.lucidworks.com/