lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From baris.ka...@oracle.com
Subject NRTCachingDirectory class information
Date Fri, 26 Mar 2021 18:53:32 GMT
Hi,-

  Related to my previous thread: Warming up index files via cat to make
it in memory index

I found out about this class in the Book Lucene 4 Cookbook by Edwood Ng.

May i please ask about any pointers, best practices paper or any Lucene
documentation for

comparing this NRTCachingDirectory class for performance?

https://lucene.apache.org/core/8_5_2/core/org/apache/lucene/store/NRTCachingDirectory.html

In the docs link above, there is a statement like this:

This will cache all newly flushed segments, all merges whose expected
segment size is <= 5 MB, unless the net cached bytes exceeds 60 MB at
which point all writes will not be cached (until the net bytes falls
below 60 MB).

Is there also a Lucene doc where the indexing is described during query
(search) process?

Best regards