lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Diego Ceccarelli (BLOOMBERG/ LONDON)" <dceccarel...@bloomberg.net>
Subject Re:Search results/criteria validation
Date Wed, 17 Mar 2021 19:24:15 GMT
Maybe using explain?

https://chrisperks.co/2017/06/06/explaining-lucene-explain/

It might slow down the performance..

Cheers,
Diego

From: java-user@lucene.apache.org At: 03/17/21 17:26:14To:  java-user@lucene.apache.org
Cc:  shuo.pan@jobdiva.com
Subject: Search results/criteria validation

Hello there,

We are looking to check what part of criteria matched for the document to be
included in the results. So, for example our criteria is "(A or B or C) and (D
or E)" and documents 1,2,3 came back in results. Can we check for each of the
documents, which parts of criteria matched? So, for example, it might be that
document 1 was matched because A and B and D were found and for document 2 C
and E were found. Is there a way to check that?

------
Regards
-Siraj Haider
(212) 306-0154

________________________________

This electronic mail message and any attachments may contain information which
is privileged, sensitive and/or otherwise exempt from disclosure under
applicable law. The information is intended only for the use of the individual
or entity named as the addressee above. If you are not the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution (electronic
or otherwise) or forwarding of, or the taking of any action in reliance on, the
contents of this transmission is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
electronic transmission in error, please notify us by telephone, facsimile, or
e-mail as noted above to arrange for the return of any electronic mail or
attachments. Thank You.