lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CorruptIndexException after failed segment merge caused by No space left on device
Date Wed, 24 Mar 2021 16:55:03 GMT
On Wed, Mar 24, 2021 at 1:41 AM Alexander Lukyanchikov <
alexanderlukyanchikov@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> Recently we had a failed segment merge caused by "No space left on device".
> After restart, Lucene failed with the CorruptIndexException.
> The expectation was that Lucene automatically recovers in such
> case, because there was no succesul commit. Is it a correct assumption, or
> I am missing something?
> It would be great to know any recommendations to avoid such situations
> in future and be able to recover automatically after restart.

I don't think you are missing something. It should not happen.

Can you please open a issue: https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/LUCENE

If you don't mind, please supply all relevant info you are able to provide
on the issue: OS, filesystem, JDK version, any hints as to how you are
using lucene (e.g. when you are committing / how you are indexing). There
are a lot of tests in lucene's codebase designed to simulate the disk full
condition and guarantee that stuff like this never happens, but maybe some
case is missing, or some other unknown bug causing the missing files.

Thanks