lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Dmitri Maziuk <dmitri.maz...@gmail.com>
Subject how to check num found
Date Mon, 28 Dec 2020 20:36:30 GMT
Hi all,

we're doing periodic database reloads from external sources and I'm
trying to figure out how to monitor for errors. E.g. I'd run a query
'?q=FOO:BAR&rows=0' and check if "numFound" > 0, that'd tell me if the
reload succeeded.

The check is done using nagios curl plugin, and while it can match a
string in the response, the "> 0" check would require writing an extra
parser -- it's a simple enough two-liner, but I'd rather not add more
moving pieces if I can help it.

The best I can figure so far is
```
fl=result:if(gt(docfreq(FOO,BAR),0)"YES","NO")&rows=1
```
-- returns '"result":"NO"' that our nagios plugin can look for.

Is there a better/simpler way?

TIA
Dima