lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Best example solrconfig.xml?
Date Wed, 16 Dec 2020 02:31:40 GMT
I’d start with that config set, making sure that “schemaless” is disabled.

Do be aware that some of the defaults have changed, although the big change for docValues
was there in 6.0.

One thing you might want to do is set uninvertible=false in your schema. That’ll cause Solr
to barf if you, say, sort, facet, group on a field that does _not_ have docValues=true. I
suspect this will cause no surprises for you, but it’s kind of a nice backstop to keep from
having surprises in terms of heap size…

Best,
Erick

> On Dec 15, 2020, at 6:56 PM, Walter Underwood <wunder@wunderwood.org> wrote:
>
> We’re moving from 6.6 to 8.7 and I’m thinking of starting with an 8.7 solrconfig.xml
and porting our changes into it.