lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Dmitri Maziuk <dmitri.maz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DIH and UUIDProcessorFactory
Date Sat, 12 Dec 2020 21:30:09 GMT
On 12/12/2020 2:50 PM, Shawn Heisey wrote:

> The only way I know of to use an update processor chain with DIH is to
> set 'default="true"' when defining the chain.
>
> I did manage to find an example with the default attribute, in javadocs:
>
> https://lucene.apache.org/solr/5_0_0/solr-core/org/apache/solr/update/processor/UpdateRequestProcessorChain.html

Right, ```Every update request received by Solr is run through a chain
of plugins known as Update Request Processors, or URPs.```

The part I'm missing is whether DIH's '<requestHandler
name="/dataimport"' counts as an "Update Request", my reading is it
doesn't and URP chain applies only to '<updateHandler ...'

Dmitri