lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Bogdan C." <lu...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: 8.6.1 configuring ssl on centos 7
Date Mon, 14 Dec 2020 15:17:59 GMT
 Thanks for replying Shawn.Yea etc/default/solr.in.sh is updated for for 8984 and theres no
modification to /etc/init.d/solrThere's no SSL related errors in the logs on startup the entry
below confuses me even more
2020-12-14 13:24:50.811 INFO  (main) [   ] o.e.j.s.AbstractConnector Started ServerConnector@13fd2ccd{SSL,
(ssl, http/1.1)}{0.0.0.0:8983}

Thanks,Bogdan

    On Sunday, December 13, 2020, 2:26:51 p.m. EST, Shawn Heisey <apache@elyograg.org>
wrote:

 On 12/13/2020 7:21 AM, Bogdan C. wrote:
> Solr is installed and working on http (8983). I (think I) have the keystore configured
properly and solr.in.sh modified for the SOLR_SSL_* config settings.
> Not sure how to modify the service startup to listen on 8984 for ssl. solr documentation
says to start it using bin/solr -p 8984 its configured to start as a service so nt sure that
applies here... I modified solr.in.sh with SOLR_PORT=8984 but it still starts up on 8983.

If you installed Solr as a service, then you'll need to edit
/etc/default/solr.in.sh ... the one that's in the bin directory is ignored.

If that's the one you did edit, then I do not know why it isn't working
... unless maybe /etc/init.d/solr has also been modified.  If that has
happened, you would need to consult with whoever modified it.

Thanks,
Shawn