lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: No numShards attribute exists in 'core.properties' with the newly added replica
Date Tue, 08 Dec 2020 14:22:13 GMT
I raised this JIRA: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-15035

What’s not clear to me is whether numShards should even be in core.properties at all, even
on the create command. In the state.json file it’s a collection-level property and not reflected
in the individual replica’s information.

However, we should be consistent.

Best,
Erick

> On Dec 8, 2020, at 4:34 AM, Dawn <limingnihao@live.com> wrote:
>
> Hi
>
> 	Solr8.7.0
>
> 	No numShards attribute exists in 'core.properties' with the newly added replica. Causes
numShards to be null using CloudDescriptor.

> 	Since the ADDREPLICA command does not get numShards property, the coreProps will not
save numShards in the constructor that creates the CoreDescriptor, so that the 'core.properties'
file will be generated without numShards.

> 	Can the numShards attribute function be added to the process of adding replica so that
the 'core-properties' file of replica can contain numShards attribute?