lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: DIH and UUIDProcessorFactory
Date Sat, 12 Dec 2020 22:36:40 GMT
On 12/12/2020 2:30 PM, Dmitri Maziuk wrote:
> Right, ```Every update request received by Solr is run through a chain
> of plugins known as Update Request Processors, or URPs.```
>
> The part I'm missing is whether DIH's '<requestHandler
> name="/dataimport"' counts as an "Update Request", my reading is it
> doesn't and URP chain applies only to '<updateHandler ...'

If you define an update chain as default, then it will be used for all
updates made where a different chain is not specifically requested.

I have used this personally to have my custom update chain apply even
when the indexing comes from DIH.  I know for sure that this works on
4.x and 5.x versions; it should work on newer versions as well.

Thanks,
Shawn