mahout-user mailing list archives

From Nagu <thog...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HTTP Status 404 while trying to run mahout demo
Date Sun, 24 May 2009 17:45:54 GMT
Thank you very much Sean.

I fixed this problem by following the steps below:
1. I looked at all the current ports in use by the command, netstat -l
2. I found out that tomcat was using the port 8080, the same port Mahout was
trying to open. I was tinkering with Solr before I was playing with Mahout.
3. I went to tomcat and shutdown it down (using shutdown command).
4. I went through the Mahout demo religiously and it worked like a charm.

Thank you again,
Best wishes,
Nagu