mahout-user mailing list archives

From Jeff Eastman <j...@windwardsolutions.com>
Subject Re: A hadoop novice meets mahout
Date Fri, 29 May 2009 14:29:14 GMT
Benson Margulies wrote:
> OK, I've got some inputs, I want to run k-means, how do I feed the beast?

Make sure you can run the Synthetic Control example to get everything
wired together correctly: JDK, Hadoop, Mahout. See
http://cwiki.apache.org/MAHOUT/syntheticcontroldata.html. Then write an
input job to convert your data similar to
/Mahout/examples/src/main/java/org/apache/mahout/clustering/syntheticcontrol/canopy/InputDriver.java

and make a new job like
/Mahout/examples/src/main/java/org/apache/mahout/clustering/syntheticcontrol/kmeans/Job.java.

You will have a small adventure and then be operational.

Have fun,
Jeff