mahout-user mailing list archives

From "Wasson, Glenn S." <GLENN.S.WAS...@saic.com>
Subject problems running mahout kmeans example
Date Thu, 14 May 2009 20:17:25 GMT
Hello,

                I'm trying to run the synthetic control kmeans
clustering example unsuccessfully. My command-line (simplified to use
the default parameters) is:

hadoop jar
/home/gwasson/mahout-0.1/examples/target/mahout-examples-0.1.job
org.apache.mahout.clustering.syntheticcontrol.kmeans.Job

It looks like the canopy input map and canopy jobs run, but the kmeans
part fails with:

09/05/14 16:41:42 INFO mapred.JobClient: Task Id :
attempt_200905141458_0028_m_000001_1, Status : FAILED

java.lang.RuntimeException: Error in configuring object

                at
org.apache.hadoop.util.ReflectionUtils.setJobConf(ReflectionUtils.java:9
3)

                at
org.apache.hadoop.util.ReflectionUtils.setConf(ReflectionUtils.java:64)

                at
org.apache.hadoop.util.ReflectionUtils.newInstance(ReflectionUtils.java:
117)

                at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask.runOldMapper(MapTask.java:352)

                at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask.run(MapTask.java:305)

                at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
Method)

                at
a:39)

                at
Impl.java:25)

                at
org.apache.hadoop.util.ReflectionUtils.setJobConf(ReflectionUtils.java:8
8)

                ... 5 more

Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Error in configuring object

                at
org.apache.hadoop.util.ReflectionUtils.setJobConf(ReflectionUtils.java:9
3)

                at
org.apache.hadoop.util.ReflectionUtils.setConf(ReflectionUtils.java:64)

                at
org.apache.hadoop.util.ReflectionUtils.newInstance(ReflectionUtils.java:
117)

                at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapRunner.configure(MapRunner.java:34)

                ... 10 more

                at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
Method)

                at
a:39)

                at
Impl.java:25)

                at
org.apache.hadoop.util.ReflectionUtils.setJobConf(ReflectionUtils.java:8
8)

                ... 13 more

                at
org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.listStatus(FileSystem.java:775)

                at
org.apache.mahout.clustering.kmeans.KMeansUtil.configureWithClusterInfo(
KMeansUtil.java:63)

                at
org.apache.mahout.clustering.kmeans.KMeansMapper.configure(KMeansMapper.
java:61)

                ... 18 more

Seems as though it is not able to stat the files it expects to find.
Does anyone know if I should expect this command line to work as
formulated? I have placed the suggested data file in a testdata
directory (and the canopy jobs are finding it, so I know that part is
ok). I'm guessing that somehow the output from the canopy job is not
being read in correctly.

Appreciate any help anyone can give,

Glenn

Glenn Wasson, Ph.D. | SAIC

Computer Scientist | IST Group

phone: 434.964.3070 | fax 434.974.1172

email: glenn.s.wasson@saic.com

1001 Research Park Blvd., Suite 210

Charlottesville, VA 22911

www.saic.com

Energy  |  Environment  |  National Security  |  Health  |  Critical
Infrastructure

This e-mail and any attachments to it are intended only for the
identified recipients. It may contain proprietary or otherwise legally
protected information of SAIC. Any unauthorized use or disclosure of
communication in error, please notify the sender and delete or otherwise
destroy the e-mail and all attachments immediately.