mahout-user mailing list archives

From Stephen Green <Stephen.Gr...@sun.com>
Subject Re: running Dirichlet example on AEMR
Date Mon, 18 May 2009 13:43:53 GMT
On May 18, 2009, at 8:59 AM, Sebastien Bratieres wrote:
> Indeed the .job file does contain all the files and classes, and as
> I wrote,
> the classes which must be loaded actually are there

Sorry, missed that bit. It definitely sounds like a class loading
problem.

> -- in other words: I
> don't think I'm missing any class. The class not found exception
> appears
> none the less... as though the classloader couldn't find it when it
> is in a
> lib/...jar.

Can you post the results of jar -t on the .job file?  When I was
investigating getting the kmeans example running, it looked like the
Hadoop infrastructure builds a class path out of the lib directory of
the .job file (but, annoyingly, doesn't use the class-path element of
the manifest to figure that out) and I think it makes its own class
loader like that.

> Also, I can't quite figure out why I could make kMeans work (as you
> did) and
> not the Dirichlet sample.

Because I'm awesome? :-)  I assume that this is running correctly on a
local Hadoop?

Steve
--
Stephen Green                      //   Stephen.Green@sun.com