mahout-user mailing list archives

From Tim Bass <tim.silkr...@gmail.com>
Subject Amazon Mahout Public AMI v. Mahout on EMR
Date Tue, 19 May 2009 10:59:23 GMT
Dear All,

A few months ago (on the developer's list) we briefly touched on the
idea of building a Mahout public AMI on EC2.

Subsequently, Amazon released EMR and a number of folks have
experimented with running sample Mahout jobs on EMR.

What are the pros and cons of creating a public Mahout AMI with Hadoop
and MapReduce configured with the versions that
are supported by the developers, in addition to Amazon's EMR implementation?

Should we revisit the AMI idea?  Pros and cons?