mahout-user mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: running Dirichlet example on AEMR
Date Mon, 18 May 2009 12:23:14 GMT

On May 18, 2009, at 8:12 AM, Sebastien Bratieres wrote:

> Hi Grant,
>
> It doesn't look like the CLI has anything to do with my issue --
> it's just a
> command-line interface to drive the Amazon machines and jobs you run
> there
> remotely. It sends HTTP requests to Amazon to switch machines on and
> off,
> start jobs etc. My issue is linked to the AEMR setup or to something
> peculiar with classloading and the Dirichlet sample (that's because
> the
> kMeans example runs fine).
> If the kind of issue I'm seeing doesn't ring a bell with you Mahout
> guys, I
> think I'll try with AEMR staff.

Likely, true.  We're not all up on AEMR just yet (although I think I
will be trying it out next week)

I'd recommend seeing if you can get a little closer to the bone and
run pure Java with as little in between as possible.  It may very well
be that we need to create some alternate Job jars for AEMR as well
that package all of Mahout into a single jar.

You might also ask on general@hadoop.a.o.

-Grant