mahout-user mailing list archives

From Lance Norskog <goks...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Request for Assistance.
Date Wed, 05 Oct 2011 22:51:36 GMT
There are many "online" algorithms which do not use Hadoop or map/reduce.
Online means that the code runs on demand; Hadoop jobs create large
datasets. Online algorithms may use the output of Hadoop, or process input
data directly.

Try learning an area of the online algorithms like recommender systems or
classifiers- you will learn much more quickly. You will find that Hadoop is
an amazing time-waster.

Lance

--
Lance Norskog