mahout-user mailing list archives

From Kate Ericson <eric...@cs.colostate.edu>
Subject Re: question about clustering
Date Mon, 03 Oct 2011 15:04:07 GMT
Hi Welde,

As a disclaimer, I only know enough to try to help you figure out your
first problem.
First of all, can you tell us about the dataset you are using?
How many points are you clustering?

As a guess without knowing either of these things, part of the reason
why your clusters look the same is that you're only clustering around
3 points.  You're only running for 2 iterations, so it looks like its
just not moving your cluster centers around at all.  Can you try again
with a larger k?
This may let it run for more iterations so you should be able to see
more changes in results.

Good luck!

-Kate