mahout-user mailing list archives

From Chris Harrington <ch...@heystaks.com>
Subject Re: Figuring out good values for t1 and t2 for canopy
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2013 11:29:29 GMT
Seems my lack of any clusters what so ever was my own fault, wasn't pointing at the correct
directory.

Though I would still like to find some good material on this topic of figuring out t1 and
t2, is it just trial and error or are there specific features of my data set that I can look
at to infer at least marginally good values as a starting point?

On 31 Jan 2013, at 22:37, Stefan Kreuzer wrote:

> Hi Chris,
>
> I am also experimenting with CC. For me chosing CosineDistanceMeasure and values very
close to 1 (>0.96) with T2 being only a little smaller than T1 led to reasonable values
for k. Although this puzzles me too, I just asked a another question because of this.