manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From "Fuad Efendi" <f...@efendi.ca>
Subject RE: Logging
Date Fri, 11 Mar 2011 20:44:27 GMT
Hi Karl,

I commented existing settings and set this:
log4j.appender.Console=org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender
log4j.appender.Console.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.Console.layout.conversionPattern=%-5p - %-26.26c{1} - %m\n
log4j.rootLogger=TRACE, Console

- and no any console output in Windows, nothing... however, LOG4J sees if
there are any typo in this file...

Thanks,
Fuad

-----Original Message-----
From: Karl Wright [mailto:daddywri@gmail.com]
Sent: March-11-11 3:34 PM
To: connectors-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Logging

The logging.ini file in dist/example should look something like this:

log4j.appender.MAIN.File=logs/manifoldcf.log
log4j.rootLogger=WARN, MAIN
log4j.appender.MAIN=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender
log4j.appender.MAIN.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout

The log output goes to dist/example/logs/manifoldcf.log.

The way you turn on logging is either in logging.ini, describing standard
log4j loggers, or in properties.xml, where the properties that ManifoldCF
interprets as system loggers can be set to WARN, INFO, DEBUG, etc.  These
are:

org.apache.manifoldcf.misc (miscellaneous) org.apache.manifoldcf.db
(database) org.apache.manifoldcf.connectors (connectors) etc.

e.g:
<property name="xxx" value="DEBUG"/>

The complete list is in the code, but let me know what loggers you are
interested in and I can probably remember.  After you set either properties
or logging.ini, you should restart ManifoldCF so it reads the new logging
files.

Also, on Windows, you may need to ^C out of ManifoldCF to get it to flush to
the log; this seems to be a problem with log4j on that platform.

Karl