manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Where is the poweredby list of ManifoldCF?
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2011 05:41:11 GMT
MetaCarta tests used this software to perform standard repository
crawls up to on the order of five million documents, a number which
was determined by the capacity of other components of system, not
ManifoldCF.  The behavior of the software at scale is determined by
the behavior of the underlying database.  PostgreSQL has been the only
database so tested at that scale; Derby is not recommended for
anything other than small applications at this time.  Web crawls with
hop count limitations (the most database-intensive kind of crawl) have
been done up to about 3 million documents.  For larger web crawls, hop
counting may be disabled.

Hope this helps.

Karl