manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Swapna Vuppala <swapna.kollip...@gmail.com>
Subject Authority Connection works unpredictably
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2011 06:32:19 GMT
Hi,

I seem to have some problem with Authority Connection. When I define an
Authority Connection specifying all the parameters like Domain Controller,
username, password etc, the connection status shows "Connection Working"
and everything works fine, crawling and sending docs to solr, using
mcf-authority-service to get only those docs that a user has got permission
to see etc.

But suddenly, the connection status for the Authority Connection throws an
exception, and when I play around the credentials form toggling Login name
AD attribute, or changing domain controller name, or authentication , or
sometimes even with the same settings that threw an exception earlier, the
status shows "Connection working" again. I cannot define when it fails and
when it works and for what settings it works.

Can someone help me in understanding why this is happening and what needs
to be done to make it work always ?

Thanks and Regards,
Swapna.