manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Swapna Vuppala <swapna.kollip...@gmail.com>
Subject Problem crawling windows share
Date Mon, 14 Nov 2011 08:11:51 GMT
Hi,

I have been using windows share repository connection to crawl and get data
from a particular server (server 1). Its working perfectly fine. However,
am having trouble when I try with data from another server (server 2).

When I define a repository connection of type windows share and specify the
server name (server 2) with my credentials, the connection status shows
"Connection working". But when I run a job to use this repository
connection and index data from a location on this server 2, I keep getting
the exception below:

JCIFS: Possibly transient exception detected on attempt 3 while checking if
file exists: Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.
jcifs.smb.SmbAuthException: Logon failure: unknown user name or bad
password.
    at jcifs.smb.SmbTransport.checkStatus(SmbTransport.java:544)
    at jcifs.smb.SmbTransport.send(SmbTransport.java:661)
    at jcifs.smb.SmbSession.sessionSetup(SmbSession.java:390)
    at jcifs.smb.SmbSession.send(SmbSession.java:218)
    at jcifs.smb.SmbTree.treeConnect(SmbTree.java:176)
    at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.doConnect(SmbFile.java:911)
    at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.connect(SmbFile.java:954)
    at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.connect0(SmbFile.java:880)
    at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.queryPath(SmbFile.java:1335)
    at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.exists(SmbFile.java:1417)
    at
org.apache.manifoldcf.crawler.connectors.sharedrive.SharedDriveConnector.fileExists(SharedDriveConnector.java:2064)
    at
org.apache.manifoldcf.crawler.connectors.sharedrive.SharedDriveConnector.getDocumentVersions(SharedDriveConnector.java:521)
    at
org.apache.manifoldcf.crawler.system.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread.java:318)

Am able to access this location from windows explorer. What else should I
be checking or what could be the reasons/factors causing this to fail ?

Thanks and Regards,
Swapna.