manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Erlend Garåsen <e.f.gara...@usit.uio.no>
Subject Re: IO exception during indexing: null
Date Thu, 07 Mar 2013 14:22:43 GMT

On 07.03.13 14.12, Erlend Garåsen wrote:

> I will first try to set the exact authentication restrictions we have on
> our prod server on our test server. If I get the same errors on our test
> server after I have changed the security settings, we may exclude some
> other possibilities.

I think I have found the cause. It was not the password length, but that
we are requiring authentication for the complete host (not just parts of
it like we do for the test environment):
   <resin:Allow url-pattern="/*">

It seems that MCF has a problem with authentication if the context root
requires it.

I will examine how HttpClient is configured in MCF and try to change
some settings there and test again. We do not have this problem for
other clients we have written which also use HttpClient. I will look
through that code as well and compare. I cannot remember whether we are
using preemptive basic auth in our code, but I will figure out that as well.

Erlend

--
Erlend Garåsen
University of Oslo