manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IO exception during indexing: null
Date Fri, 08 Mar 2013 01:31:22 GMT
Hi Erlend,

I had a chance to look through the httpclient code.

First, if you could enable logging for the redirector class in
logging.ini, we can see what decisions it is making and perhaps figure
out why retries are happening even when disabled.  To do that, add
this line:

log4j.logger.org.apache.http.impl.client.DefaultRequestDirector=DEBUG

... then restart ManifoldCF, and try anything that would attempt to
index via solr.  Send me the manifoldcf log and I can see where the
retries are coming from.  From a quick inspection, it looks like
either:

- setting the retry handler isn't working, OR
- it's deciding that it's talking through a proxy for some reason

But, frankly, the code is convoluted and there are retries at multiple
levels, so I will need to nail this down better before I can say
anything definitive.

Thanks!
Karl