manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From yuvaraj ponnuswamy <yuvaraj...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject Re: when connecting MCF to Share Point with Claim Space authentication
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2014 13:19:00 GMT
HI Karl,

Yes, I have gotten this working for the Non Claim based without any ActiveDirectory authority.

I will read the manual link and configure the same.

Thanks
P.Yuvaraj Kumar

________________________________
From: Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com>
To: "user@manifoldcf.apache.org" <user@manifoldcf.apache.org>; yuvaraj ponnuswamy <yuvaraj_p7@yahoo.co.in>

Sent: Thursday, 6 March 2014, 18:17
Subject: Re: when connecting MCF to Share Point with Claim Space authentication

Hi Yuvaraj,

For any of the Active Directory authorities, you do the same thing.  You supply the DNS name
or IP address of your Active Directory domain controller.  I thought you had gotten this
working for an non-Claims-based system already?  The values you supply for the SharePoint/ActiveDirectory
authority are the same as those you would provide for the standard ActiveDirectory authority.

If you've never done this before, I suggest you read the manual:

http://manifoldcf.apache.org/release/trunk/en_US/end-user-documentation.html#sharepointadauthority

Karl

On Thu, Mar 6, 2014 at 7:03 AM, yuvaraj ponnuswamy <yuvaraj_p7@yahoo.co.in> wrote:

HI Karl,

>I am using the claim based authentication for the share point and as per the End-User
document should configure the SharePoint/ActiveDirectory authority connection.

>1) For the Authority groups , I have specified the AD Group name for my user id.Is that
correct.I have more than one group for my user id.

>2) For the Auhtority Connections, I need to specify the following fields.
>
>Domain controller name :
>Domain suffix :
>Administrative user name  -a4nm2
>Administrative password  - somepassword
>Authentication - DIGEST-MD5 GSSAPI
>Login name AD attribute - sAMAccountName
>
>Can you please let me know what is that we need to give for Domain controller name.Is
it the active directory domain name?

>Also, what is the value we should give for the other fields.
>
>Can you please little eloborate on that.
>
>Thanks
>P.Yuvaraj Kumar

place where Kerberos tickets reside using a -D switch, and you have some other process which
keeps the tickets fresh.  We therefore do not recommend this configuration.  Most SharePoint
IIS setups we see have either NTLM or SPNEGO with Kerberos as a primary authentication mechanism,
and NTLM as a secondary.

>Karl
>

>On Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 11:18 AM, yuvaraj ponnuswamy <yuvaraj_p7@yahoo.co.in> wrote:
>
>Hi Karl,
>>
>>So, Claim based authentication will work on MCF 1.5.1 (latest release).
>>Can i know will it work for both Claims with NTLM and Claims with kerberos.
>>
>>Thanks for the information.
>>

>>Regards
>>P.Yuvaraj Kumar

it is giving some error message and not working.
>>>We need the MCF to be connected with share point with Claims with NTLM and Claims
with Kerberos
>>>Can  you please let me know your suggestions.
>>>

>>>Error:
>>>Unknown SharePoint server error accessing site - axis fault = Server, detail =
Server was unable to process request
>>>---> The source was not found, but some or all event logs could not be searched.
Inaccessible logs: Security.