manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Timo Selvaraj <timo.selva...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Metadata Adjuster transformer
Date Wed, 15 Apr 2015 19:26:58 GMT
Thanks Karl.

> On Apr 15, 2015, at 3:21 PM, Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Timo,
>
> Yes, you can do that, but not with the current metadata adjuster.  It does not allow
you to access the core fields.

> Karl
>

> On Wed, Apr 15, 2015 at 3:16 PM, Timo Selvaraj <timo.selvaraj@gmail.com <mailto:timo.selvaraj@gmail.com>>
wrote:
> Thanks Karl.
>
> Can I create a new meta field contenttype and add the value HTML based on the mime type
value in the core field?

> Timo
>
>> On Apr 15, 2015, at 3:13 PM, Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com <mailto:daddywri@gmail.com>>
wrote:

>> Hi Timo,
>>
>> The metadata adjuster currently does not give you access to the core document fields,
only to the document's general metadata.  Basically, anything that ManifoldCF uses to make
crawling decisions based upon is not accessible or modifiable by the adjuster, because it's
not general metadata.

>> That include the document's file name, content/mime type, length, creation date,
and modification date.

>> Technically it is possible to build a document transformer which would copy internal
fields like those described into general metadata fields that could then be manipulated with
the metadata adjuster.  Some connectors already supply such general metadata fields, but it
is by no means a consistent practice.