manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Paul Farrell <pfarr...@funnelback.com>
Subject Re: Manifold/Alfresco seeding and security
Date Mon, 19 Oct 2015 16:17:33 GMT
Thanks Rafa.

As an aside, is there an easy way to identify which version of ManifoldCF you are on?

Cheers

Paul Farrell
Senior Search Consultant

109-123 Clifton Street, London EC2A 4LD
T +44 (0) 207 183 6865 | funnelback.com <http://www.funnelback.com/>

UNITED KINGDOM | AUSTRALIA | NEW ZEALAND | POLAND | UNITED STATES

Connect with us: LinkedIn <http://www.linkedin.com/company/funnelback> - Twitter <https://twitter.com/funnelback>

Funnelback UK Ltd is a limited liability company registered in England & Wales. Registered
address: Zetland House 109-123, Clifton Street, London. EC2A 4LD. Company registration number:
07004264.

> On 19 Oct 2015, at 16:54, Rafa Haro <rharo@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hi Paul,
>
> All you need to do is to install this webscript <https://github.com/maoo/alfresco-indexer>
within your Alfresco instance. The connector itself is already part of the most recent versions
of ManifoldCF

> Cheers,
> Rafa
>
> On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 5:29 PM, Paul Farrell <pfarrell@funnelback.com <mailto:pfarrell@funnelback.com>>
wrote:
> Ok, thanks again guys.
>
> The Webscript connector it is.
>
> I realise I am asking a lot here but are there any easy-to-follow guidelines on how to
get this Webscript connector installed?  I see there is a GitHub page here (https://github.com/maoo/alfresco-webscript-manifold-connector
<https://github.com/maoo/alfresco-webscript-manifold-connector>) which discusses it
(although it directs you to a repository of files).

> I am just keen to make sure that any steps I follow to try and get this Webscript connector
installed and working are updated, reliable steps. I would hate to waste time with out of
date information.

> Thanks all
>

>> On 19 Oct 2015, at 16:23, Muhammed Olgun <mh.olgun@gmail.com <mailto:mh.olgun@gmail.com>>
wrote:

>> Hi Paul,
>>
>> I suggest that you should use Alfresco Webscript as Karl mentioned. Web services
is so slow compared to other services and I've also checked that Alfresco CMIS web services
does not return change token(may be there is something that I don't know).

>> By the way current version of CMIS connector is not aware of change token. I would
write a patch for you if alfresco supports change token property.

>> Thanks!
>> Muhammed
>> 19 Eki 2015 Pzt, saat 18:11 tarihinde Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com <mailto:daddywri@gmail.com>>
şunu yazdı:
>> Hi Paul,
>>
>> The Alfresco Webscript connector is a wholly different connector that has no relation
to the CMIS connector.  It requires an Alfresco webscript plugin be installed on your Alfresco
server to work, though.

>> Hope that helps.
>>
>> Karl
>>

>> On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 10:32 AM, Paul Farrell <pfarrell@funnelback.com <mailto:pfarrell@funnelback.com>>
wrote:
>> Hi Muhammed/Karl,
>>
>> Firstly, thank-you so much for taking the time to reply. It is very much appreciated.

>> Currently I am using the AtomPub for my CMIS repository connection. I have just read
something which may shed a little light on this. The post read that change tokens are not
passed via AtomPub connections (https://forums.alfresco.com/forum/developer-discussions/alfresco-api/cmis-change-log-token-problem-using-opencmis-03282011-1758
<https://forums.alfresco.com/forum/developer-discussions/alfresco-api/cmis-change-log-token-problem-using-opencmis-03282011-1758>).
If true, this would explain why ManifoldCF may be unable to determine a change in Alfresco.

>> It looks like I have two possible options left open to me (correct me if I’m wrong):
>>
>> 1. I look to use ‘Web Services’ instead of ‘AtomPub’ for the connection mechanism
>> 2. I upgrade ManifoldCF so that I can use the ‘Web Scripts’ connector?  (or is
this the same as the ‘Web Services’ connection mentioned above?)

>> Thanks again,
>>
>> Paul
>>
>> Paul Farrell
>> Senior Search Consultant
>>
>> 109-123 Clifton Street, London EC2A 4LD
>> T +44 (0) 207 183 6865 <tel:%2B44%20%280%29%20207%20183%206865> | funnelback.com
<http://www.funnelback.com/>

>> UNITED KINGDOM | AUSTRALIA | NEW ZEALAND | POLAND | UNITED STATES
>>
>> Connect with us: LinkedIn <http://www.linkedin.com/company/funnelback> - Twitter
<https://twitter.com/funnelback>

>> Funnelback UK Ltd is a limited liability company registered in England & Wales.
Registered address: Zetland House 109-123, Clifton Street, London. EC2A 4LD. Company registration
number: 07004264.

>>> On 19 Oct 2015, at 15:12, Muhammed Olgun <mh.olgun@gmail.com <mailto:mh.olgun@gmail.com>>
wrote:

>>> Hi Paul,
>>>
>>> Repositories should give information to ManifoldCF when they updated. Current
CMIS connector reindex document if the lastest version of the document has changed, not updated.

>>> There is a change token property in CMIS specification and it should change when
document is updated so ManifoldCF can understand that document is updated but implementing
change token property is optional.  I've checked Alfresco's CMIS web site and seen that they
didn't set the change token.

>>> I think, there is nothing we can do at this point.
>>>
>>> 19 Eki 2015 Pzt, 15:59 tarihinde, Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com <mailto:daddywri@gmail.com>>
şunu yazdı:
>>> Hi Paul,
>>>
>>> This looks like a bug in the CMIS connector to me; usually the document version
string the connector constructs should be adequate to detect all changes.  Can you create
a ticket?  https://issues.apache.org/jira <https://issues.apache.org/jira> , project
ManifoldCF.  Please include what version of MCF you are using here.  FWIW, this may be in
fact a bug in the Alfresco CMIS implementation, but we'll have to have some back and forth
before I can determine that for sure.

>>> In the meantime, have you considered using the Alfresco Webscript connector?
 It's the preferred way to do Alfresco indexing, although there have been issues reported
having to do with running it on some configurations of Alfresco.  I'm not entirely sure what
the problem is there; maybe a version dependency of some kind.

>>> Karl
>>>

>>> On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 7:43 AM, Paul Farrell <pfarrell@funnelback.com <mailto:pfarrell@funnelback.com>>
wrote:
>>> Hi Everyone,
>>>
>>> Hoping someone may be able to advise.
>>>
>>> I am currently using Manifold, together with a CMIS connector, to retrieve and
index content from an Alfresco repository.

>>> All is going well apart from, what I would call, the ‘incremental crawl’.
>>>
>>> The main issue I am having is that the modification of a document’s security
settings, in Alfresco, is not being picked up in next Manifold crawl. As an example I have
a document ‘TestDoc1’ which has user A and B as Consumers. I run a crawl in Manifold and
it picks up the documents fine.  The security is set as expected. I then remove ‘User A’
from the security of that document and re-run the Manifold crawl. User A can still see the
document in the local search engine.

>>> It is as if Manifold is not treating the security update as a ‘modification’
and is therefore not refreshing it. Note that if I go into the Output Connections, edit and
save the relevant output connection and then click ‘Remove all associated documents’,
the next time I crawl, the changes are picked up. It is clear that Manifold is just not updating
whatever internal record it has for this item.