manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Muhammed Olgun <mh.ol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Manifold/Alfresco seeding and security
Date Mon, 19 Oct 2015 15:23:50 GMT
Hi Paul,

I suggest that you should use Alfresco Webscript as Karl mentioned. Web
services is so slow compared to other services and I've also checked that
Alfresco CMIS web services does not return change token(may be there is
something that I don't know).

By the way current version of CMIS connector is not aware of change token.
I would write a patch for you if alfresco supports change token property.

Thanks!
Muhammed
19 Eki 2015 Pzt, saat 18:11 tarihinde Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com> şunu
yazdı:

> [...]
>> read that change tokens are not passed via AtomPub connections (
>> https://forums.alfresco.com/forum/developer-discussions/alfresco-api/cmis-change-log-token-problem-using-opencmis-03282011-1758).
>> If true, this would explain why ManifoldCF may be unable to determine a
>> change in Alfresco.
>>
>> It looks like I have two possible options left open to me (correct me if
>> I’m wrong):
>>
>> 1. I look to use ‘Web Services’ instead of ‘AtomPub’ for the connection
>> mechanism
>> 2. I upgrade ManifoldCF so that I can use the ‘Web Scripts’ connector?
>>  (or is this the same as the ‘Web Services’ connection mentioned above?)
>>
>> Thanks again,
>>
>> Paul
>>
>> *Paul Farrell*
>> Senior Search Consultant
>>
>> 109-123 Clifton Street, London EC2A 4LD
>> *T* +44 (0) 207 183 6865 | funnelback.com <http://www.funnelback.com/>
>>
>> *UNITED KINGDOM* | AUSTRALIA | NEW ZEALAND | POLAND | UNITED STATES
>>
>> Connect with us: LinkedIn <http://www.linkedin.com/company/funnelback> -
>> Twitter <https://twitter.com/funnelback>
>>
>> Funnelback UK Ltd is a limited liability company registered in England &
>> Wales. Registered address: Zetland House 109-123, Clifton Street, London.
>> EC2A 4LD. Company registration number: 07004264.
>>
>> On 19 Oct 2015, at 15:12, Muhammed Olgun <mh.olgun@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Paul,
>>
>> Repositories should give information to ManifoldCF when they updated.
>> Current CMIS connector reindex document if the lastest version of the
>> document has changed, not updated.
>>
>> There is a change token property in CMIS specification and it should
>> change when document is updated so ManifoldCF can understand that document
>> is updated but implementing change token property is optional.  I've
>> checked Alfresco's CMIS web site and seen that they didn't set the change
>> token.
>>
>> I think, there is nothing we can do at this point.
>>
>> 19 Eki 2015 Pzt, 15:59 tarihinde, Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com> şunu
>> yazdı:
>>
>>> Hi Paul,
>>>
>>> This looks like a bug in the CMIS connector to me; usually the document
>>> version string the connector constructs should be adequate to detect all
>>> changes.  Can you create a ticket?  https://issues.apache.org/jira ,
>>> project ManifoldCF.  Please include what version of MCF you are using
>>> here.  FWIW, this may be in fact a bug in the Alfresco CMIS implementation,
>>> but we'll have to have some back and forth before I can determine that for
>>> sure.
>>>
>>> In the meantime, have you considered using the Alfresco Webscript
>>> connector?  It's the preferred way to do Alfresco indexing, although there
>>> have been issues reported having to do with running it on some
>>> configurations of Alfresco.  I'm not entirely sure what the problem is
>>> there; maybe a version dependency of some kind.

B as