manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Roman Šitina <ro...@sitina.cz>
Subject Documentum connector - old/new document version comparison
Date Tue, 20 Oct 2015 15:45:03 GMT
Hello all,

I'm looking into Documentum connector source code and I found that
there is no version string comparison between crawled document and its
previous version.

In all other connectors I can see that
activities.checkDocumentNeedsReindexing(documentIdentifier,versionString)
is called but not in Documentum.

I believe that this means that the document content will be downloaded
every time the document is seeded. Is that really necessary? I know
that this is not a problem for one-time indexing but for continuous
crawl comparing only the document metadata would make sense.

Thank you very much
Roman