manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: I don't see my file content in solr index
Date Mon, 31 Oct 2016 11:11:22 GMT
Hi Cihad,

Do you have Solr logs?  I would have a look at those.  You should see posts
to them.

It's also possible that your testing methodology is flawed.  Because MCF is
incremental, people sometimes forget that if you change output
configuration (by pointing at a different solr index, for instance), MCF
may not realize that your documents need reindexing.  There's a button you
can click on the View page for the Solr connection that makes MCF forget
what it did and reindex everything.  But if you see "document index"
entries in the Simple History then that is not what the problem is.

We recently updated SolrJ to the 5.x version, and will updated it to the
6.x version as soon as an unwelcome dependency is removed, so that might be
related to your issue, but Solr is usually pretty good about not silently
accepting documents and just eating them without a fuss.  So I don't think
that is the issue.  Have a look at the Solr logs.

Karl