Hi Raj,

First, I'd start by running the multiprocess example on ONE machine with multiple processes.  That's what the multiprocess-file-example demonstrates, although it can be easily generalized to multiple machines, PROVIDED there is a shared file system available, like NFS.  If not, you must use the Zookeeper deployment model if there are multiple machines.  The file synch has been deprecated and you will likely find it quite hard to work with in a multi-machine environment.

The basic way you work with the examples is to use them on a single machine, get them working Initially, and then port one change at a time.  Use the scripts provided.to start the database instance, initialize the database, and start the various processes.  THEN, when you are satisfied with how that works, you can start making changes.  The changes are, in order:

- Using Postgresql rather than HSQLDB
- Using Tomcat rather than Jetty
- Using multiple machines, rather than one

To answer your specific questions:

(1) The files described are in common for all the examples, and are a level above where you are looking.  From the example directories, you can find them under ../web (or ../web-proprietary).
(2) Yes, once you set up your connection to Postgresql in properties.xml, you DO need to run initialize-database, or the schema will not be created.
(3) When you start different agents processes, even on different machines, each one must have its own ID.  The start scripts demonstrate how you do that.

Karl