manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Bisonti Mario <Mario.Biso...@vimar.com>
Subject How to set Tika with ManifoldCF and Solr
Date Thu, 11 Oct 2018 08:45:28 GMT
Hallo.
I would like to use Tika server started from command line into ManifoldCF so, ManifoldCF as
Trasformation connector, process with Tika and index to the output connecto Solr.

I started Tika server:
java -jar /opt/tika/tika-server-1.19.1.jar

After, I created a transformation connection with TikaServer: localhost and Tika port 998
and connection works.

After, I created a job and in the Tab Connection I inserted the Transformation yet created
Before the Output Solr.

[cid:image003.png@01D4614F.84B2AD80]

Note that I don’t see the tab “Excepition” and “Boilerplate”
Why this?

Furthermore, if I start the job, I see that Solr hangs with exception:
2018-10-11 10:03:47.268 WARN  (qtp1223240796-17) [   x:core_share] o.e.j.s.HttpChannel /solr/core_share/update/extract
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/tika/exception/TikaException
        at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method) ~[?:?]
        at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:374) ~[?:?]

infact, I renamed the tika .jar:
in the folder : solr/contrib/extraction/lib to be sure that solr doesn’t use Tika because
I would like that Manifoldcfuses Tika buti t doesn’t work.

Have I to configure solr to don’t use Tika I suppose.

How to do this?

I see https://datafari.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/DATAFARI/pages/107708451/Data+Extraction+Tika+Embedded+in+Solr+Deactivation+Configuration
but I haven’t Datafari, so, in a Solr standard configuration, how could I deactivated the
tika ?

Thanks a lot

Mario