mina-dev mailing list archives

From "James Im" <im-ja...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Cyclic dependencies
Date Sun, 04 Feb 2007 12:05:53 GMT
Just a comment about OSGi.

I've used it in the past and stopped using it (after 18 months) because
I found that in the end it added more complexity (maintaining bundles
files,  when changing) and didn't than real value. I'm talking about the
chore of maintaining bundles files and a pernicious impact on my way of
coding: I was always thinking about which class could use which other
class according to OSGi wiring.

The kind of problems I saw happened with 35 different bundles on
different startlevels. As mina will be packaged as just one bundle you
won't have that king of problem but just as a warning I advise you not
to make any class refactoring that don't make sense, that you wouldn't
have made without OSGi.

VŠlg selv hvordan du vil kommunikere - skrift, tale, video eller billeder
med MSN Messenger:  http://messenger.msn.dk/  - her kan du det hele