mina-dev mailing list archives

From GBullock <gbull...@surfrecon.com>
Subject SSL Filter reads after it writes
Date Fri, 30 Nov 2007 15:24:24 GMT

We ran across an issue using the SSLFilter (in version 1.1.3) that you should
probably address.  The write and read calls should behave asynchronously,
but when using SSL, after a write, it potentially does a read (in
SSLHandler.flushScheduledEvents()).  This is probably the result of it being
necessary during the initial handshaking required, but it continues to occur
after the handshake is complete effectively potentially "synchronizing" the
interchange (should there be incoming data available).

We modified the code to get us past the deadlock it caused us.  We passed
SSLHandler.flushScheduledEvents() a flag indicating whether or not to do the
reading, and turned the flag off once the handshake was complete; however,
there are several other calls to that method in SSLFilter that should
probably be looked at in this light (by someone who knows what they're doing
:-).

Thanks for a great project.

Glenn B
gbullock@surfrecon.com