mina-dev mailing list archives

From Ask Me <askme...@yahoo.com>
Subject Is MINA the right choice?
Date Tue, 07 Oct 2008 19:24:15 GMT
I am not a network programming expert and have been assigned with the responsibility of building
a TCP/IP communication system. So I am looking for any ideas/suggestions/guidelines etc which
could help me in this.

The requirements can be summarized as follows:

1. A 3rd party server will open a tcp/ip socket connection onto a port on our network.
2. Once they establish the connection they will send xml messages to our server.
   (I have very no control over how the 3rd party connects/handles connections at their
end)
3. I have to read/parse/construct these xml documents and prcess them (database lookup and/or
updates)
4. Create an XML response and send it back to the 3rd party server
5. The maximum number concurrent xml message requests could be upto 5000/second.
6. The maimum size of xml documents (request and response) could be upto 5KB.

I am hoping to get some advice on how to approach this task. These are the questions I have:

1. Does MINA be a good fit for this project?
2. Does the 3rd party need to satisfy any special requirements in order for me to communicate
with the MINA server?
3. How do I read/parse and process the xml documents?
4. Any other scenarios that I should be worried about if I choose MINA?