mina-dev mailing list archives

From Bernd Fondermann <bernd.fonderm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Vysper server sends stream close?
Date Sun, 18 Jan 2015 21:06:44 GMT
Hi,

>From my point of view there never was a big incentive or advantage to
implement sending "</stream>" or "</stream:stream>", because the TCP
connection needs to be ("MUST" in RFC terms) terminated anyway the
next moment. So, why not terminate it directly?

Please note that stream restarts where the connection is NOT closed
are not allowed to send </streams>s, see
http://xmpp.org/rfcs/rfc6120.html#streams-negotiation-restart.

But to answer your question, I'd start with
org.apache.vysper.mina.XmppIoHandlerAdapter#sessionClosed.

  Bernd

On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 10:54 PM, Cheung, Darryl (Darryl)
<dacheung@avaya.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When a client connects to Vysper server, it opens the stream <stream> .  And typically
when the client disconnects, it will close the stream with </stream> .  However, I could
not find a way for Vysper to send stream-close, e.g. in some error scenario.  I can definitely
send the <stream:error> and invoke SessionContext.endSession(), which closes the connection,
but I would also like the server to send </stream>.  Is there a way to do this?