nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Witt <joe.w...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] CI / Travis / Jenkins
Date Tue, 05 Dec 2017 21:11:30 GMT
OK well things are looking pretty good.  The only obvious problem now
is that our builds take about 45-50 mins on travis-ci.org and the
build time limit is 50 mins [1] so some jobs get killed.

Will look at areas we can avoid spending build time on at least in
travis-ci land.  Probably no great option but let's see.

[1] https://docs.travis-ci.com/user/customizing-the-build#Build-Timeouts

On Tue, Dec 5, 2017 at 2:56 PM, Joe Witt <joe.witt@gmail.com> wrote:
> Will try it out for PR https://github.com/apache/nifi/pull/2319 which
> is being built under
> https://travis-ci.org/apache/nifi/builds/312043710
>
> On Tue, Dec 5, 2017 at 2:51 PM, Joe Witt <joe.witt@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Andre
>>
>> Thanks - read through https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-1657
>> where this was discussed and where the relevant multi-env commit came
>> in.
>>
>> Seems like five environments may be too taxing based on the build
>> failures I'm observing.  I'll cut it down to three
>> FR
>> JP
>> US
>> For now.  We can evaluate if that helps at all and add more back if
>> things become stable.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Joe
>>
>> On Tue, Dec 5, 2017 at 12:20 AM, Andre <andre-lists@fucs.org> wrote:
>>> Joe,
>>>
>>> Glad to help! Few notes:
>>>
>>> If I recall correctly there was a reason we chose to add default and BR but
>>> to be honest I can't really remember what it was. I think it has to do with
>>> Time Zones + Locale issues and has helped detecting bizarre issues on time
>>> based junits (Matt B and Pierre may remember this).
>>>
>>> Regarding the rat check. The idea behind that was a fast failure in case of
>>> basic style violations, rather than wait until the end of the compilation.
>>> To be honest I don't know if this has worked as desired but should allow us
>>> to quickly identify validation errors which if I recall correctly were only
>>> detected at the end of contrib-check.
>>>
>>> And apologies for the anecdotal comments. I am away from my dev environment
>>> atm so I can't truly validate them.
>>>

>>> Kind regards

it’s

CI (or