nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Witt <joe.w...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Should I withdraw this PR?
Date Thu, 30 Aug 2018 20:38:17 GMT
Mike

I'd say there are a couple of options.

1) Don't add the nar to the nifi-assembly.  Leave the source in there.
It still gets built.  Just dont bundle the nar in the resulting build
by default.  You could have a profile based activation to include it
like is done for hive3 i believe - for example.  If you do this you
also dont need any of the licensing/notice impacts to show up in the
nifi-assembly/L&N.

2) Don't merge at all.  Keep this outside of the project in its own
github repo.  Provide instructions on how to build, include in nifi,
and make a great blog on how it can be used to test nifi record
oriented flows/configurations/etc.  Going this route means it is
outside the community but still useful and helpful to the community.

I haven't looked into it in detail to know how big it is nor how
configurable/capable it is for generating useful sample data for
exercising record processors and configurations.  So, i dont have a
strong preference/understanding relative to which of the above options
is best.  I'd defer to you or folks that reviewed more closely.

Thanks