nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Shalin Mehta <shal.n.me...@gmail.com>
Subject NiFi Extension Registry?
Date Mon, 14 Oct 2019 20:22:16 GMT
 Hey all,

I'm starting to cut my teeth on the extensibility of NiFi through Custom
Processors, and one of the big things on my mind is being able to manage a
catalog of them across an organization.

While watching the "BYOP" presentation given by Andy at DataWorks Summit
Barcelona earlier this year (awesome presentation, by the way!), there was
a really quick note of a future Extension Registry within NiFi Registry. I
dug around a bit and only came up with this Confluence page outlining ideas
for such a thing:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NIFI/Extension+Repositories+%28aka+Extension+Registry%29+for+Dynamically-loaded+Extensions

Is there any more information out there around this effort, such as updated
notes or specific Jira(s) about it? I'd love to get a better sense of what
the community has in mind, and what the state of the addition is like these
days. Rolling my own incarnation through process and supporting tools is
where my head is currently sitting, but something more "permanent" and in
line with the direction of the Project is way more appealing.

Thanks much in advance,

Shalin