nifi-users mailing list archives

From "Carlos Manuel Fernandes (DSI)" <carlos.antonio.fernan...@cgd.pt>
Subject RemoveDistributedMapCache
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2017 17:54:07 GMT
Hello,

I 'm using NIFI to replicate tables from one relational Database(Mainframe) to other Database,
 with incremental updates,  based on a timestamp and primary key. The process is made with
tree custom processors: GenerateListOfTablesToSyncronize  -> CreteTableIfNotExists ->
IncrementalLoadData.  If by mistake, in GenerateListOfTablesToSyncronize i generate the same
table twice, I must guarantee the two flows run sequential not in parallel. For that, I need
some kind of lock, and the  MapCache  processors seems to be the solution.    The solution
I see is:

GenerateListOfTablesToSyncronize  -> DetectDuplicte (tableName, with no age Off) ->CreteTableIfNotExists
-> IncrementalLoadData -> RemoveDistributedMapCache (tableName)

Unfortunately there isn't  the processor RemoveDistributedMapCache, I could handle this,
thanks to Matt Burgess  (https://community.hortonworks.com/articles/71837/working-with-a-nifi-distributedmapcache.html)
which make possible manipulate directly the Cache using groovy.   No one have this kind of
requirement to justify the creation of RemoveDistributedMapCache ?

Thanks

Carlos