nifi-users mailing list archives

From Alessio Palma <alessio.pa...@docomodigital.com>
Subject Re: ListHDFS ( some suggestions depending on our usage )
Date Fri, 10 Feb 2017 09:38:12 GMT
Hello Pierre,
card has been opened, maybe I'll will send you the patch so it can be added in the next release.
I'm working on it in local.

________________________________
From: Pierre Villard <pierre.villard.fr@gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, February 10, 2017 10:21:28 AM
To: users@nifi.apache.org
Subject: Re: ListHDFS ( some suggestions depending on our usage )

Hi Alessio,

It sounds like a valid improvement on the existing processor. Please feel free to file a JIRA.
Since the directory path is already allowing expression language it wouldn't be a huge change.

- Pierre

Hello all,
I'm using ListHDFS but...

1) it can start only on a schedule strategy
2) directory path to list is "hard coded" into the processor it self.

I wonder if a new version, which can be started using a flowfile, accept the attributes of
the incoming flow file as parameters, it is more usable and useful than the current implementation.

If you are thinking to GetHDFSEvent: In real world application HDFS super user is not always
an option and checking HDFS file ( ListHDFS )  is something which must be subordinated to
something.

What do you think ?
Is a good idea to add this to default nifi processors ?